Oracle certification for beginner

Scott Ehrlich scott at ehrlichtronics.com
Sat Jan 3 09:46:53 EST 2004

I recently enrolled in Northeastern University's continuing ed Oracle
training classes to help prepare me to become a certified Oracle DBA.

The last time I touched database work was during college years in a
database class, about 10 years ago.

Does it make sense for me to proceed with the NU class with the hopes I'll
learn from the ground-up, or should I cancel it (class starts Sat, Jan 10
and runs 11 weeks, each class is 8:30 - 5) and pursue computer-based
training (aka/or self-paced) of Intro to SQL and Intro to Oracle 9i, and
even CBT for the NU classes, and see how things go?

What are your experiences?

Thank you.

Scott