VIRUS (Worm.SCO.A) IN YOUR MAIL

Chris Devers cdevers at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 13:33:17 EST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Dan Barrett wrote:

> Incidentally, I find it ironic that a virus author has managed to do what
> Microsoft can't or won't: build and ship a working, free MTA for Windows.

You say that as if it's a good thing. Or a bad thing, from the other point
of view. Isn't it the Right thing though?

This isn't the original, public, peer-peer internet anymore -- you can't
just do things like trust your neighbor not to abuse his personal SMTP
server.

I suspect the spam problem would be *a lot* worse if every copy of Windows
shipped with a working SMTP server.

Feel free to disagree though.

--
Chris Devers