Novell moves HQ to the East

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Fri Jan 30 16:54:26 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> Someone on GNHLUG caught this article from the Salt Lake Tribune.
> http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jan/01292004/business/133502.asp
>
> Novell has always had an office here, but this is a very good thing
> since they now own SuSE Linux.

Indeed, maybe it will mean more jobs out here. I doubt that will happen in
the short run, and in the long run why spend a lot of money moving people
to a place that is very expensive?

The article had some disparaging comments from a Canopy Group functionary,
without noting that Canopy Group is the major force behind SCO, which is
currently in legal battles with Novell. Not very good reporting.