(no subject)

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Jun 17 15:15:01 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 14:57, Bob Gorman wrote:

> With large capacity tapes an erase can take a long time. Listen to
> the drive or look at the activity lights to tell that it is working.
> If so try letting it run for a few of hours and it should finish.

I mentioned this in a post I just sent out, so I'll just recap real
quick here: Erase (when working) takes about 2 hours.  This erase had
been going for over 7.

I should probably also have mentioned that the problem is intermittent.
Sometimes the erase performs just fine.

--
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com