nForce SPDIF audio and Fedora Core

Josh Pollak pardsbane at offthehill.org
Wed Mar 17 22:11:25 EST 2004

<troll>
How about:

emerge alsa
</troll>

Not too hard... but seriously, in my opinion (and this may be FUD to
others) Alsa will be less processor intensive and work better than
anything else. I've also found the installation extremely easy, though
the documentation makes it sound scary. Its even easier now that its
rolled into 2.6

On Mar 17, 2004, at 7:56 PM, Robert La Ferla wrote:

> I'm trying to get sound out of my Shuttle XPC (SN41G2 w/nVidia nForce)
> with Fedora Core.  I have had zero luck so far.  I need the sound to
> go out the SPDIF port.  I looked at ALSA but the installation is
> complicated and I don't have time right now to go through all the
> docs.  Anyone know how to configure it?  Also, when is Fedora Core 2
> coming out???

Please avoid sending me Word or other Office attachments.