multiple wlan/WEP configs

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Fri May 14 07:51:57 EDT 2004

dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote how to manage multiple WEP configs:
> Erm... on Windows, you go to Setup New Network Connection,
> select the adapter, enter the info, et voila.

You have to be more specific:  "on Windows98", for example, the above does NOT
work.  A very high percentage of the installed base of WinXX is still Win98;
just ask Bill Gates what his biggest technical headache is.  And on a notebook
PC, I am very reluctant to swap out the OS--drivers are too specific.  At some
point it will be time to chuck the PC and replace it.

No matter how you look at it, the reality is that wi-fi products need a
top-down redesign with human users in mind.

-rich