Linux install problems

Jerry Feldman gerald.feldman at hp.com
Tue Nov 9 08:25:29 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 1:03 am, John J. Herda wrote:
> 4.  Of lesser importance, how do I get the date to
> display as yyyy-mm-dd in file listings etc. as I can
> in Windows 98?
From a command line window use the ls command:
ls -l
There l is a lower case L (ell).
What file manager are you using. I don't remember if you were using KDE or
GNOME. If you are using KDE and Konqueror), just click the Detailed List
View icon in the tool bar and you will get a yyyy-mm-dd date.
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)