LinuxWorld Expo comes to Boston

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Tue Nov 30 16:44:40 EST 2004

LinuxWorld Expo is all over the news today, because it'll be here in Boston
rather than NY or CA this year.

I recall a time when us folks from BLU got Linus Torvalds to keynote one of
our meetings, and MIT 26-100 was standing-room-only.  I don't presume that BLU
could have that kind of impact on the likes of LinuxWorld, but this *does*
seem a profound opportunity to grow the organization.

Perhaps BLU could get a cut-rate booth at the exhibit floor, and/or line up a
panel of speakers, and/or serve on some of the panels already announced,
and/or negotiate some membership discounts for purchases from some of the
LinuxWorld exhibitors.  Maybe we could even get a startup company or two going
as a result of it (old-timers here can recall quite a few ISPs and Unix shops
which grew out of the BCS shows of the early 1990s).

Ideas?

-rich