[blu] why you should try MythTv

Ben Jackson bbj at innismir.net
Wed Oct 6 10:03:01 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, David Backeberg wrote:

> I have no idea how to mod a TiVo, as I went straight to using MythTv.
> Among things I haven't had to mod to get:
> -qwerty keyboard

You like this? It presonally drives me batty. I long for a remote. I have
one, I just lack the electronic skills to make an IR reciever (The WinTV
card I have is very picky about aht it accepts for signals).

But the rest of your comments are right on the money. I'd rather have a
PVR-250 though, doing the encoding in software is bothersome sometimes.

				~Ben

--
/"\  Ben Jackson
\ /  bbj <at> innismir.net - http://www.innismir.net/