Petition To Get OS/2 Open Source

Jerry Feldman gerald.feldman at hp.com
Mon Apr 25 13:56:23 EDT 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 1:42 pm, Derek Martin wrote:
> I don't think this will ever happen...  OS/2 was originally developed
> with Microsoft, and no doubt contains a lot of Microsoft proprietary
> code.  I'm sure IBM will be legally obliged to keep that code secret.
This is possibly so. But, I don't know how much Microsoft proprietary code
is in OS/2. This is where the major rift between Microsoft and IBM. I
suspect that there are contracts in place that may prevent IBM from
OpenSourcing it.
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)