Stop mail from bouncing

Billy SG McCarthy billy at reshippie.net
Wed Aug 31 10:05:57 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:54:29AM -0400, Josh ChaitinPollak wrote:

> How do our client applications and daemons figure out when and where
> to connect to the slave ldap server? Most applications I've seen only
> have entries for a primary server..

In /etc/ldap.conf (or sometimes /etc/ldap/ldap.conf) you can specify more
than 1 server on the 'uri ...' line.  It will check the servers in the
order listed, going to each sucessive one if the previous isn't available.
It works, I've shut off  1 of 2 machines and still been able to log in to
clients.

--
"Could I have been anyone other than me?"
--Dave Matthews Band--

Kindly yours,
Billy SG McCarthy