terse editor

David Hummel dhml at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 03:08:39 EST 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 02:12:00AM -0500, David Kramer wrote:

> There are lots of time where editing in vi is faster than emacs.

I would tend to agree, although I think it boils down to how nimble and
experienced you are in one versus the other.  They are both certainly
capable enough, although for vi, I'd strongly recommend vim or another
enhanced vi (nvi, elvis, vile).  The best route, IMHO, is to get
familiar with both and you will stick with what you like best.