Unemployed or under-employed -- what to do

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Wed Feb 16 15:36:08 EST 2005

When in another user group, we had a couple of real 'placement professionals'
that came, and contributed to the group on a regular basis.  They, being
friends of long acquanintenance, were the first ones I turned to when I had a
problem with employment.

I still turn to them, even with the gig or job did not come through them, for
advice about the market, etc.  And yes, I feed them leads and contacts as I
find appropriate ones too.

Just a thought.  Find a few good 'head hunters' (more than 2 or 3 gets to be
hard to manage), and get them to be regular participants in BLU.