Restoring MBR

R Ransbottom vze4zk6s at verizon.net
Tue Jan 4 10:41:43 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:10:52PM -0500, Bill Horne wrote:

> Sorry, I don't see anything about rebuilding the partition table: there

Howzah, I'm running Debian from Bo to Sarge.  After my first few
experiences with multi-booting I've always installed lilo, and now grub,
into a root or boot active partition's VBS.  In this situation
"install-mbr /dev/sda"  has just worked; I have not had need to think
much about how it rebuilds, or snags, its partition table.

Be well,
rir