Fedora

jbk jbk at mail2.gis.net
Wed Jan 12 19:28:02 EST 2005

I am running Fc3 and maintain updates through yum
except for kernel updates because I need to roll
my own for certain functionality. So when a kernel
update is issued I download the source and compile
install what I need. My question is this:
should I run rpm to freshen tlhe current source or
should I rename the source directory and create a
new one?

I am not a programmer or a sys admin other than by
default. I run samba as a file server on my home
network. I understand shell scripting only as far
as to make things work.