Ximeta NetDisk and external hds for linux

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Thu Jan 20 12:19:07 EST 2005

Long time listener, first time talker (I think),

I found something called Ximeta NetDisk in radio shack and I just thought it
was the bees knees, although I did not buy it. It connects over usb 2.0 OR
right on the network. I'm guess there is a (dare I saw propiertary) protocol
specific to connect to this device on the lan. It also said it supported
RedHat 9.0. I was jazzed. The idea of a mini-NAS is cool though.

Has anyone played with this brand of external hardware? Can anyone recommend
a good one that plays well with linux?

Patrice Seyed
Linux System Administrator - LinGA
RHCE, SCSA