enterprise distribution

Gregory Boyce gboyce at badbelly.com
Wed Mar 16 11:21:47 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Andrew Medico wrote:

> Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com) is worth a look. It's Debian, but with
> a commercial support option, real release schedule, and paid security
> team. I'm using it for a number of machines (home servers and college
> CS lab workstations) and very happy with it so far.

Ubuntu has a something like 18 month support cycle for its releases.  That
may not be enough for many corporate enviroments.  They are planning an
"enterprise" edition eventually with a longer support cycle, but I haven't
heard any details beyond that yet.  Not sure when they're planning their
first enterprise release.