VoIP quality -- 911 reliability

Nicholas Bodley nbodley at speakeasy.net
Mon May 23 17:38:05 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 10:42:44 -0400, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
[...]
> But, since the marketing people are selling this essentially as a POTS
> replacement, the general public is not understanding its limitations.

Here in Waltham, I've received a few "reverse 911" official recorded
messages; they are welcome, and would probably not be offered by any VOIP
provider, yet. This dialogue has been very helpful; it has made me think
further before "jumping ship".

--
Nicholas Bodley  /*|*\ Waltham, Mass. (Not "MA")
The curious hermit -- autodidact and polymath