FLoppy boot for Ubuntu live CD

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Nov 2 11:12:36 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:56:51AM -0500, Bill Horne wrote:
> Please tell me how to boot the Ubuntu live CD from floppy: I can't
> find any reference in the docs.

While we are at it, is there a way to do a floppy boot/net install
from a CD-ROM image on a different local machine (a la Redhat of old)?

-kb, the Kent who transferred an Ubuntu installation from a backup of
a dying computer to an older but working notebook, and who fears there
was corruption in that backup and so might be well advised to start
over.