laptop recommendations

Jerry Feldman gerald.feldman at hp.com
Wed Nov 2 16:16:12 EST 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 3:55 pm, Larry Underhill wrote:

> I have been using a Thinkpad T41 for the past year and a half. Great
> box, but my only complaint is wireless support. The built-in Atheros
> chipset has dodgy driver support (last time I spent significant time
> trying to get everything to work). Works lovely on my Linksys at home,
> but problematic at your typical hotel/coffee shop access point.
From reading emails on this and other lists, the Thinkpad series seems to
work better under Linux than most others. One issue with the Thinkpads is
the screen resolution WRT overhead projectors. At our meetings we have had
a lot of problems with people having thinkpads.
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Linux Expertise Center (PTAC-MA/TX)

508-467-4315 (http://www.testdrive.hp.com)