stupid keyboard question

David Backeberg dave at math.mit.edu
Sun Oct 2 12:17:38 EDT 2005

Hey list:

So I now own a Dell Latitude D610 laptop. I have a funky keyboard issue.

In my tty consoles, my key mapping is perfect. My real problem is in KDE,
with the )B´/¨ key, which may look funny in your mailer. Somehow my
apostrophe / quote key generates a character other than the one that bash
interprets as a single or double quote, and therefore, any bash commands I
type involving commands with quotes aren)B´t properly interpreted.

I)B´m using KDE 3.4.2, built from source with xorg 6.8.2.

I think my problems are either in my xorg.conf or in my KDE settings, but
I)B´m really not sure where best to look for my problems. My problems may
also be due to some weirdness involving the Dell laptop keyboard.

I)B´m looking for suggestions for where to begin my search for the solution.
My apostrophe woes aren)B´t limited to konsole, but apply to all
applications run within KDE, and possibly X. I)B´m going to run a non-KDE X
session now to try to determine whether my problem is KDE-specific.

Thanks!

--
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)