Discuss Digest, Vol 12, Issue 35

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Fri Sep 30 15:38:09 EDT 2005

David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:
> Can Comcast deliver a static IP?  Not comparable services.

I have a standard $42.95 Comcast connection.  My IP address last changed on 1
Sep 2002.  That's over three years ago.  (It changed half a dozen times during
the prior MediaOne/ATT Broadband era.)

There has never been any interaction between me & Comcast customer service;
this is the way they've chosen to deliver the service in my neighborhood.

Out of curiosity, is that $14.95 DSL come-on from Verizon worth looking at?
For a backup connection in case of disaster or such?

-rich