I've got gcc 4, but I need gcc 3...

Don Levey lug at the-leveys.us
Mon Apr 10 16:43:20 EDT 2006

Based upon info in the latest (May) issue of Linux Journal, I thought I'd
finally get off my butt and experiment with QEMU.  The idea of having a
virtual platform is appealing for all sorts of reasons (testing, living
dangerously, etc), but I don't want to pay for VMware.  Anyway, my machine
(Fedora Core 4) has gcc 4 installed, but QEMU will only compile with 3.x.
I'm not able to install a 3.4 RPM without untangling dependency hell, and
don't know enough to know if compiling from 3.4 source will mess any of
these things up.

I know that I could fire up a virtual machine, amke sure I've got 3.4
installed there, and go forward, but in order to do that I need to get the
virtual machine installed...

Any suggestions?
 -Don