Anyone using Banshee, especially under SuSE?

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Sat Apr 15 01:35:04 EDT 2006

I want to fool around with iTunes, and at LinuxWorld, I saw Banshee and
thought it was great.

OK, it's based on mono and Gnome, so I figured there would be "just a
few" dependencies to install.  But I ended up with this mess where YaST
couldn't find some of the dependencies for the software on the install
DVD!!! How can they release a DVD with packages with dependencies not on
the DVD?  What if I tried installing at OS install time?

Specifically, it says it needs avahi-mono, but doesn't know where to get
it.  Then I STFW and find that package, then that package says it wants
avahi, which I can't find anywhere.  It also needs gtk-sharp2 (whatever
that is) and it says it needs hal-0.5.4.6, but I've got hal-0.5.4.6.4
installed.

How do I straighten out this mess?

Thanks.