recording streaming audio

Steven L. Kleiman kleiman at math.mit.edu
Thu Apr 20 14:09:11 EDT 2006

During the question period of last night's BLU meeting, I asked about
recording streaming audio to a file, preferably without involving the
sound card.  Someone answered enthusiastically that he did it all the
time using mplayer on the command line, and in fact, wrote a shell
script to automate the processes.

It seems to me that the script may be of interest to others too.  But,
unfortunately, I didn't think to get the fellow's name and email
address.  So I hope this request will reach him, and he'll post his
script, and tell us how to use.

Thanks,
Steve