testing network saturation / bandwidth / latency

Josh Pollak pardsbane at offthehill.org
Tue Aug 29 22:48:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

What tool do I want to use to examine whether a network is saturated, how
much bandwidth I have, and what my latency?

We have two computers connected together via a network and when our
applications run on separate machines they slow down noticably, even
though the data we share isn't that much, so I'm wondering if there is a
network configuration issue like router problems, etc.

I need to know how to diagnose some of that stuff, so if anyone can point
me at tools, or where to read up on stuff, that would be good.

Thanks,

Josh

believed to be clean.