Compiling a custom kernel vs. compiling a single module.

Bob - BLU blu at scrunch.net
Wed Dec 6 19:42:46 EST 2006

On 12/04/06 06:27, jbk wrote:
> custom Fedora kernels ... I still need to compile the ide-tape module.

You might consider using ide-scsi in place of ide-tape.  The kernel module comes with Fedora, and is what I use for accessing my internal IDE tape unit under RHEL3 (2.4).  Another trick is to stick the IDE drive into an external USB enclosure, then use usb_storage.  Kind of a sideways solution, but you may find it suitable.

believed to be clean.