Help Desk programs?

Paul Baumgardner pbaumgardner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 19:55:43 EST 2006

On 12/6/06, dsr at tao.merseine.nu <dsr at tao.merseine.nu> wrote:
> RT does everything you ask. I've used it at three corporations
> now. Open Source, the primary author lives in the area, and
> an active user community.

I agree.  RT can do everything you ask and more.  I just finished
setting it up for the company I work for.  RT can be setup rather
basic, and once you have things configured correctly you can pretty
much forget about the administration of it.  There's a lot of
flexibility with it if you want to hack the perl code.  Like dsr said
the user community is very active, and there's plenty of great support
on their wiki:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/

Plus, there's an O'Reily book - RT Essentials, which is pretty good.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/rtessentials/

believed to be clean.