GKS: Graphical Kernel System

James Kramer kramerjm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 20:03:01 EST 2006

I have numerical modeling software that I use at work that I would like to
run my home Linux system.  The software was written in FORTRAN and runs on
Windows NT and above.  I can get most of it to run using Wine.  I can't get
the graphics to work.  The manual states that the graphics package uses GKS
(graphical kernel system) for FORTRAN and that it can not run on Win 95.  I
have not put too much effort into getting the graphics to run in Linux since
I can always resort to my Win XP boot as a last resort. Should I be able to
run the software on my Debian using wine.
Jay