Rough upgrade to FC4

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Mon Jan 23 08:33:34 EST 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 12:23:10AM -0500, David Kramer wrote:
> software installed from other sources, or non-RPM software, but I've
> never seen a sufficiently useful server that had only software from it's
> maker's repository.

On a slight tangent: I use Debian, and my webserver only has two
packages installed that aren't from Debian: Java (blackdown), and a
PostGIS deb that a friend of mine rolled for me.

> I always back up my data, /etc, /var, /home, and some other directories,

If you're backing up /etc, /var, and /home... where does "your data" go,
other than those places?

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer