i18n

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Sat Mar 18 09:12:10 EST 2006

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Internationalization goes much further than simply using a 3rd party
> graphics library.
Indeed, the core of internationalization is handling text.   However,
there is much more to it than that.  When I have internationalized
applications, I've had to deal with timezones, time date formats,
addresses, phone numbers, currency, measurement units, icons, sound
files, etc...  Additionally, there are sometimes cultural specific
issues to deal with.  For example, Japanese workers tend to share an
office so they don't like sound effects in their applications.