nfs mounting a local disk under solaris 10

Stephen Adler adler at stephenadler.com
Mon Oct 16 20:21:12 EDT 2006

Guys,

I'm trying to setup autofs on solaris 10 and I'm having trouble getting
the /export/home
directory properly mounted for the home directories. The way I usually
test autofs is
by checking to see if I can nfs mount /export/home even on the same
system which
serves /export/home. But on solaris I seem not to be able to do so. I
get the following

bash-3.00# mount solaris10:/export/home/root /testnfs
nfs mount:  retrying:  /testnfs
^C
bash-3.00# hostname
solaris10
bash-3.00# share
-                           /export/home/root         rw,log=global
"home dirs"

All advice is greatly appricated.

Steve.

believed to be clean.