Basic MySQL. XOR?

Tom Metro blu at vl.com
Fri Oct 27 16:20:27 EDT 2006

Dwight E Chadbourne wrote:
> Two people are handing me CSV files and I don't care about what they
> agree on.

If you want to see differences at the record (line) level, try:

% diff --old-line-format=%L --new-line-format=%L
--unchanged-line-format="" data1.csv data2.csv > diff.csv

diff.csv should end up with none of the lines that are identical in the
two source files, and only contain the lines that differ.

You can the load diff.csv into MySQL.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro