Symantec Ghost and Linux partitions?

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 23 15:38:51 EDT 2006

At work I have a Dell Precision Workstation 490 with a SATA drive and a
copy of Ghost 2003.

I have imaged many NTFS systems, but Ghost chokes on the RHEL4 default
partition type of ID 83.   I've tried throwing all of Ghost's known
switches at the partition, but nothing seems to work.

Symantec's site clearly states they formally only support Windows
partitions, though Linux partition types can be handled.

Anyone else have success/failure with imaging type 83 partitions?

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.