open source control panels

Tom Metro blu at vl.com
Fri Apr 13 21:17:51 EDT 2007

James Kramer wrote:
> They do provide CPanel only the cost is $199 per year.

I looked into this a few years ago and there are open source
alternatives to CPanel. I haven't tried any of them and I don't know if
they're still actively being maintained, but here's what I have in my
bookmarks:

SysCP (GPL, Debian, Postfix)
http://freshmeat.net/projects/syscp/

Domain Technologie Control (GPL, Postfix, Dovecot)
http://freshmeat.net/projects/dtc/

web-cp (GPL)
http://freshmeat.net/projects/webcp/

Host4NET (GPL)
http://freshmeat.net/projects/host4net/

RavenCore Hosting Control Panel (GPL, CentOS)
http://www.ravencore.com/

Anyone using these?

Webmin loosely falls into this same category, but tends to be less
polished and less focused on remotely managing a web server.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA