Was: Ubuntu wierdness Now: Disabling security in the name of availability

Matt Nicholson sjoeboo-RG5ZOK3LcrdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 14 11:42:12 EDT 2007

Ah yes, but the fact that the source code is available benefits both the
people looking for holes and those fixing them. With IE, only M$ could offer
the fixes. With something open source, yes, its easier to find holes, since
you can look right at the code, but also, more people (not the the
company/group behind the software) can offer up patches and fixes, since
anyone can get their hands on the same code and resources the "core"
developers have.