Tape drives?

Scott R Ehrlich scott-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 23 12:51:51 EDT 2007

I'm pricing tape drives for high reliability.   What vendor and what type do
more people trust - Quantum or Dell, or someone else?   Also, SDLT or LTO?
Price is not so much an issue as is reliability.    I aim for rack mount, but
that isn't so important if a suitable tape drive comes along that simply hangs
off the server.

Also, what brand/manufacturer tapes have people found most reliable?

This will be for 4 dual-boot (XP and CentOS 5) systems connecting to a PowerEdge
server.    I'm awaiting details on exactly how much storage we are actually
going to be dealing with, and if the data will be static or dynamic.

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.