Wireshark on Ubuntu running on VMware.

Vinay Perneti vinay.perneti-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 3 20:07:01 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm am trying to run wireshark with a plugin for pNFS (which is applied as a
patch). The problem is that I used apt-get to install wireshark and not sure
where the wireshark files are located.  I need to apply the patch in
the epan/dissectors
directory. Which was there in the set of folders which i downloaded the
wireshark source code.

Does ubuntu install it with different set of files? Is there any other way
to install wireshark with the source directories so that i can apply the
patch?

Thanks,

Vinay.

believed to be clean.