Kernel Module Compilation and debugging..

Vinay Perneti vinay.perneti-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 7 11:18:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to hack the nfs modules in the pNFS 2.6.17 custom kernel. I added
a couple of printk's for debugging purposes. Do I have to rebuild the whole
kernel or is there a way to just rebuild a specific module?

Also, are there any tools for debugging kernel modules?

Is it possible to step through the code or is there any way to see the
execution flow?

Thanks,

-Vinay

believed to be clean.