CentOS 5, yum update, X11 problems

Scott Ehrlich scott-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 8 13:24:36 EDT 2007

I installed CentOS 5 on a laptop, performed a yum update, then, after
everything was patched, instead of bringing me to the X tty window (tty7)
it left me with a text-only tty window.  I chance CNTL-ALT-7 brought me to
the waiting window manager login screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?   Please remind me what file I need to
change to have the system present the window manager at first boot again.

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.