Comcast Digital Voice infrastructure?

Scott Ehrlich scott-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 8 12:46:00 EDT 2007

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007, Dwight A. Ernest wrote:

> On 9/8/07, Scott Ehrlich <scott-3s7WtUTddSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> pushed, verifying their offering was not VOIP, and they confirmed.
>
> I'm curious: How/why is that important to you?

If Internet service goes down, so doesn't voice.  Not a good option.
Unless I am otherwise educated (that is, if no Internet, voice is still
possible)...

>> I then
>> asked how the infrastructure was designed once the signal left the
>> customer.  The best I got was it goes over coax, Internet services is not
>> needed,
>
> It's clearly VoD if not VoIP; why would one be superior to the other
> in your view?

My only concern for them is loss of voice due to loss of network service.

>> the service uses Comcast' own private network,
>
> Just because it doesn't require one to have Internet services doesn't
> mean it doesn't use IP on that private network.

Again, as long as they have voice when they want it, I don't care.

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.