Toshiba Tecra 8100 and Xubuntu

James Kramer kramerjm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 9 20:43:11 EDT 2007

A week of so ago I asked questions about upgrading an old Toshiba
laptop with a less bloated version of Debian.  I set up the laptop
today with the Xubuntu alternative dist. and it works great.  I
thought that I would have problems with my Linksys wireless card using
broadcom.  But, Xubuntu let me use  Synaptic to load the ndiswrapper
files from the install CD.  This little baby is humming with dual boot
XFCE and Win98

believed to be clean.