Any interest in inexpensive collocation?

Matt Shields mattboston-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 10 13:49:12 EDT 2007

256kb/s CIR with burst up to 5mb, billed on 95th percentile
2U rack space
2amp power
1 fast ethernet drop
$85/month

If someone had a tower instead of a rackmountable server, it would be
$100/month.  All network equipment is Cisco, facility on redundant
power and network, remote monitoring for downtime, remote reboot/power
cycling, possibly remote KVM over IP.  Managed by my company which has
people oncall and close to the DC.

If you look at prices around Boston, you can't find anything less than
$150-$200/month.

-matt

On 9/10/07, Dan Ritter <dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 01:28:20PM -0400, Matt Shields wrote:
> > I've had a few responses from a few people since I last posted.  Was
> > there anyone else interested in personal or business colo that is
> > inexpensive.  If I can get a commitment from 20 people the price is
> > going to be very reasonable.
>
> Can you expand on "reasonable"? Pricing per rack unit, for 99th
> percentile bandwidth, ballparks?
>
> -dsr-
>
> --
> Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.
>
> http://tao.merseine.nu/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.

believed to be clean.