Log Out from Ubuntu

Jerry Feldman gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 15 09:57:47 EDT 2007

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:21:48 -0700
"Kristian Erik Hermansen" <kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I have seen this happen if you are using the "Switch User" feature.
> Is your wife also an account on this system, and are you "switching
> users"?

Actually, no in this case. "Switch User" starts a new session. In this
specific case, I simply logged out from the GUI. Note that a shutdown
or restart from the GUI works fine. I just logged in at home,
established an ssh connection and the logout simply left me with a
blank screen. I just tried to swtch user, and it also cause the same
problem. While this might be somewhat related to VMWare server, it is
also an Ubuntu issue, and I'm going to move this over to the Ubuntu
forums. In the short time I've used Ubuntu I've come to appreciate it
although I will most likely retain SuSE on my desktop for now.=20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9