Window XP

Ben Eisenbraun bene-Gk2boCrsRs1AfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 15 11:36:29 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 09:50:37AM -0400, James Kramer wrote:
>  After installing my own purchased copy I was asked to register it,
> which I did.  I was informed that I cannot use the software because I
> am using it on  too many machines.

Just call the 800-number that the activation dialogue pops up when it
fails activation.  It's an IVR system, and it took about 5 minutes for
me to get the code to activate my Vmware Fusion XP image when I did it
a few weeks ago.

When they ask how many machines you have it installed on, just hit
"1" until they stop asking "are you sure you only have this copy of
Windows XP installed on one machine?"

Then they give you a new code to complete the activation, and you're
finished.  It was pretty painless really.  Much better than the last
time I did this, when I had to wait on hold for 20 minutes to talk to
a real person.

-ben

--
doubt is an uncomfortable position, but certainty is a ridiculous one.
                                                            <voltaire>

believed to be clean.