Have you used OpenWRT?

Bill Horne bill-CIZd1d4GmLheoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 28 20:59:43 EST 2008

I've been pricing wireless access points, and those that can serve as a
wireless client are much more expensive than ordinary wireless router/APs.

If you're familiar with OpenWRT, please tell me if I could use it to
create a wireless client using, e.g., the Linksys WRT54* family of
wireless routers. Since it will be in service a long way from my home,
I'm also very interested in your opinions about ease-of-use, stability,
and remote maintenance.

TIA.

Bill Horne

--