mac books...

Dan Ritter dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 15 09:10:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 06:19:50PM -0400, Stephen Adler wrote:
> Have you guys seen the ads for the new macbooks? One bit which looks to
> drive me crazy is the glare on the displays. anyone else notice this?

Jobs says that matte screens don't look as good in photographs,
erm, that is, people prefer high-gloss.

Mac hardware has always been about paying for style. It used to
be that it also included better engineering, but most buyers
can't see engineering and can see style, so guess what won?

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.