Crossover for Linux free tomorrow (10/28/2008) only

Ben Eisenbraun bene-Gk2boCrsRs1AfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 28 12:13:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:56:57AM -0400, John Abreau wrote:
> For each platform there's a Pro version and a Games version.
> Do you know if one is a superset of the other, or if not, how
> they differ?

Per their FAQ, which I read yesterday before the site went down,
the main difference is that the Pro versions are built from more
stable, conservative sources for mainstream use, while the Games
versions are the latest and greatest cutting edge code, so you have
the best chance of getting your new-fangled gee-whizzy 3d game going.

-b

--
in the absence of a senior organizing principle, the organization will
oscillate.                                              <robert fritz>