Verizon Commercial FIOS

Mark Richards mark.richards-ZvhrkzvLxqWgSpxsJD1C4w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 11:45:28 EDT 2008

Dave Peters wrote:
> All,
>
> Any comment on Verizon Commercial FIOS? My company plans to move to FIOS 15M up&  down. Is it reliable and stable.

Been running consumer for over a year and now business grade with 5 ips
for about 6 months.  Not a hiccup.  Since it's Bell/New England
Telephone/BellAtlantic/Verizon I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

	Download Speed: 20706 kbps (2588.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
	Upload Speed: 4473 kbps (559.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

I pity my inlaws who struggle with 2 second propagation delays and not
much better than phone modem speeds over a satellite dish.

Only problem here was when installer set up the business service with a
fixed ip address.  The failure to connect problem went through several
engineers before I offered to lend a hand.  Took me a few tries entering
the same IP address before light dawned on marblehead: the first octet
read "270".  The installer suggested that somewhere along the way a
"dyslexic" gummed up the works.

/m