Verizon Commercial FIOS, DNS problem with Covad DSL

Jarod Wilson jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 12:45:58 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 11:47 -0400, Tom Metro wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > I've had the 20M down, 5M up business package for over a year (might be
> > close to 2 years now), not a second of down time...
>
> Are you also buying a static IP?

Yes, I've got 5 of 'em.

> Did we get the the bottom of the terms
> of service issue that was brought up on the list before? I'm still
> skeptical of Verizon explicitly stating in their terms of service that
> they won't block ports and will permit servers on a business class service.

I'm positive servers are explicitly permitted on their static IP
business class services, but never got around to actually verifying that
in their ToS. I've been running multiple servers off my pipe for pretty
much the entire time I've had the service without a problem, so I just
haven't been concerned about it.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org